PASSAGES, ©2004, 10′
Through dance movements PASSAGES is set to investigate the psychology of memory, the personal autobiographical versus public remembrance, and examine the power it holds on contemporary culture. It was filmed at the historic Lafayette cemetery in New Orleans, with its above ground vaults and tombs — a site that evokes both shared and private recollections.
Laura Andel’s hauntingly beautiful music heightens the sense of mystery as the dancer moves among the ancient tombs.
PASSAGES was produced thanks to an artist residency at Southeastern Louisiana University, Hammond, LA, Visual Arts Department.
Dancer / Choreographer: Dana Brewer-Plazinic
Music: Laura Andel.
Production, photography & editing by Tova Beck-Friedman.
- Performance & Intermedia festival 2010, National Museum in Szczecin, Poland.
- The 2nd Athens Video Art Festival 2006, Athens, Greece.
- Columbia Theater, Southeastern Louisiana University, Hammond, LA.
- PixelDance Video Art Festival 2005, Thessaloniki, Greece.
- 2005 Detroit Inernational Film & Video Festival.
- Cinematic Film; experimental film & video art, Paris, France