RED FATHER Screened December 9 at the Human Rights Film Festival, Barcelona, Spain.
- Q & A with director, Tova Beck-Friedman and Janet Ades, the daughter of the film's protagonist, at the
Golden Door International Film Festival of Jersey City at The Art House, Jersey City.
Photographs by: Avis Boone
- RED FATHER is screening at the Golden Door International film festival on Saturday 9/26 @6:30 at the Art House in Jersey City.
- The Minneapolis-St. Paul Lawyer Chapter of the American Constitution Society, the Film Society of Minneapolis-St. Paul, the Minnesota Association of Black Lawyers, the University of Minnesota Center for Jewish Studies, the Federal Bar Association, the Hennepin County Bar Association and the American Civil Liberties Union of Minnesota present a film screening of RED FATHER.
Thursday, June 4, 2015
5:30 p.m. Reception
7:00 p.m. Film Screening and Panel Discussion
St. Anthony Main Theatre
115 SE Main Street, Minneapolis, MN
RED FATHER -- screening
Apr. 26 04:00 pm
At Puffin Cultural Forum
20 Puffin Way , Teaneck NJ
A “Red Diaper Baby,” Janet Ades, tells the story of the rise and fall of her father, Bernard Ades - a Communist Jewish lawyer who sought to end systemic legal racism in Maryland, fought fascism with the International Brigades during the Spanish Civil War, and became a target himself during the dark days of America’s McCarthyism. Talkback with Director, Tova Beck-Friedman, and Janet Ades will follow the screening.
$10 Suggested Donation
- A curated program of Short Experimental Documentaries participated in the 6thInternational Video Art, in Camaguey, Cuba.
- DON'T ASK screens at Vernon Gallery, in Prague. April 8 to 10. 2015
- RED FATHER screened at the JCC Manhattan on Thursday 3.26. at 7:30PM
- RED FATHER screened February 21 & 22 at the Washington Jewish Film Festival.